List of Docs to Bring

Failure to bring all required documentation with you to your appointment will delay your assistance. We require below documents:

  • Identification: Driver's License or Picture ID for all adults
  • Social Security Cards for ALL household members
  • Birth dates for all household members
  • Proof of Residential Address and Mailing Address (if they're different)
  • Proof of ALL Earned income/wages (check stub or copy of check, or letter from employer, etc). FOR THE PAST THIRTY {30} DAYS. everyone 18 yrs or older must have income or know their last date of employment and when they received their last check. {Monthly 1 check stub, Twice a month 2 check stubs, Bi-weekly [every two weeks] 3 check stubs, weekly 5 check stubs}
  • Proof of ALL Unearned Income
    • TANF
    • Utility Reimbursement
    • Any type of Social Security {SSI, SSD, SS, RSDI}
    • VA Benefits
    • Workers Comp
    • Unemployment
    • Child Support {CIN #'s}
    • Pensions [Retirement]
    • Food Stamps
    • Rental income, etc.
    • Proof of social Security must be dated for Program Year example whatever the current year at the time of request for assistance.
      Note: (We can only use Social Security award Letter as PROOF of Social Security INCOME NO BANK STATEMENTS).
  • Name, Address, and Telephone number of Landlord or Mortagage Company if renting or buying the home (for documentation only).
  • Most recent unpaid utility bill or statement with name, address, and account numbers showing and any TERMINATION or DISCONNECT notices you have on your utility bill.
  • Please provide one document from List A OR provide one document from
    List B AND List C for all household members
    • List A
      • Current U.S. Passport
      • U.S. American Indian or Alaska Native tribal enrollment or membership card with photo
      • Certificate of Naturalization (N-550 or N-570)
      • Certificate of U.S. Citizenship (N-560 or N-561)
    • OR List B
      • Birth Certificate (DS-1350)
      • Certificate of Birth Abroad (FS-545)
      • Report of birth abroad issued by a U.S. Embassy or Consulate (FS-240)
      • U.S. Citizen ID Card (I-197 or I-179)
      • American Indian ID Card (I-872)
      • Northern Mariana ID Card (I-873)
      • Final adoption decree of letter from adoption agency showing U.S. place of birth
    • AND List C
      • Valid & Current Government issued Photo ID (18+)
      • School ID Permissible
      • School record (children 0-15)
      • Shot record (children 0-15)

Please note after reviewing your documents we may request additional information to complete your application.


Greater East Texas Community Action Program seeks to reduce poverty and help low-income residents of twenty seven counties in East Texas which include: Nacogdoches, Angelina, Polk, Houston, San Jacinto, Trinity, Walker, Rusk, Cherokee, Smith, Wood, Gregg, Hardin, Liberty, Galveston, Jefferson, Orange, Chambers, Tyler, Newton, Jasper, San Augustine, Sabine, Shelby, Panola, Harrison, Anderson, Henderson, Kaufman, Van Zandt and Upshur counties to meet critical needs and become self-sufficient.

Locations of Greater East Texas Community Action Program's Energy Assistance sites

  • Angelina-Trinity-Houston County - 303 East Denman Ave Suite A Lufkin, TX 75901
  • Gregg County - 1121 Judson Road Suite 145 Longview, TX, 75601
  • Houston - Trinity County - 435 Texas Avenue, Crockett, TX, 75835
  • Jefferson-Hardin-Chambers-Orange County - 1110 Calder Ave Beaumont, TX 77701
  • Kaufman County 800 Edd Hall Dr Suite HSC224 Kaufman, Texas 75142
  • Nacogdoches-Cherokee-Rusk-Houston County 206 Mimms Ave, Nacogdoches, TX, 75961
  • Polk-San Jacinto-Liberty-Trinity County  410 E Church, Suite D, Livingston, TX, 77351
  • Smith-Cherokee-Rusk-Anderson County 1010 W SW Loop 323 Tyler, TX 75701
  • Wood and Van Zandt County 212 East Goode Street Quitman, TX 75783

Within minutes of making your appointment, you should receive a confirmation email with a calendar appointment attached to the email. In addition, you will also receive a phone reminder the day before your appointment.

Appointments can be changed or canceled at any time on this website. You can also make or cancel an appointment at any time (24/7) using our automated phone system by dialing (936) 720-7474 and following the instructions.